- About Med-Act
General Employment Information
Current Salary Ranges – The Paramedics position is reflected as Grade 16 on the Med-Act pay table. Overtime is paid after working 40 hours in a week.
24 hour shifts: 1 day on, 1 day off, for 3 working shifts; then 4 days off; 7 shifts are 12 hour Kelly day shifts and are spaced evenly throughout the year..
Field Supervisors-same as 24 hour shift schedule
Administrative Supervisors-8 hour office schedule
Training Supervisors-8 hour office schedule with shift responsibilities
- Vacation: 5 days/year for 24 hour personnel, beginning after 6 months of employment, higher vacation rates apply after 5 and 10 years of service.
- Sick Leave: 5.5days/year for 24 hour personnel.
- Flexible Benefit Plan: $50.00/month non-taxable allocation toward health/dental insurance, deferred compensation, dependent and/or medical reimbursement bank.
- Paid Holidays: All personnel receive 9 official holidays and 2-3 additional floating holidays. Holidays worked are compensated at double time. Holidays not worked are compensated with a maximum of 5 days comp time.
- Uniforms: Provided by the department initially and annual replacement allowance thereafter..
- Life Insurance: Policy equal to 50% of yearly salary provided by County. Additional amounts available by payroll deduction.
- Retirement: Kansas Police and Fire Retirement System with additional contributions to 457 matched by County up to 3.0% of salary.
For a detailed explanation of the comprehensive benefits package offered by Johnson County, refer to this brochure.
Paramedics receive 4% merit increases at the end of the first and second employment anniversary in addition to annual merit pool increases.
Additionally, performance appraisals are conducted annually, with pay raises based on employee performance.
The Department provides all recertification hours required by the State and National Registry. Other certifications (ACLS, PHTLS, PEPP) also provided. Tuition reimbursement, up to $2,500 annually, is available for educational expenses related to the employee’s job.